Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Non-profits

When I was choosing my masterpiece subject I was  focused on helping people. I've always loved helping people, making them feel better about life and/or trying to make them happy. That is why non-profits came to mind for my masterpiece. I have researched about how to create one and the steps you take. It is hard to do, all because of the documents you have to fill out, the fundraising, and getting grants. Before you do anything though, you need to think about why you want to start one and what you want to get out of it, whats your goal. My goal for a non-profit is to help the homeless get back on their feet. I want to create a place where homeless people can go to get help for jobs. They will get applications to fill out and get help filling them out if they need, they can get cleaned up and a nice pair of clothes for interviews, and they will have resources to people who have given job interviews so they can prep for an interview. I interviewed a homeless man and asked him 3 questions:
                                         
His story:
I would love help to get me back on my feet.  A girl has offered to help me with my medical situation because I have COPD (a lung problem). I have been out here for 4 years and have to get 920$ to pay for the medications. No one else has tried to help like this girl though.

It isn't so much  helping them; there really isn't a right way to help them.  All of these people are facing different issues and there isn't one specific way to help them all. Each one needs a different type of help to get back on their feet and not all of them want to get back on their feet. You can only really motivate them and encourage them. Some homeless are just lost and need someone to point them in the right direction which is what I plan on doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment